When using Watson Workspace, the users presence is determined automatically from being online in the available UIs.
People ask for controlling their presence status like known from IBM Sametime.
A presence API/UI would be very helpful to set the presence status to:
- hidden (no presence status available to any other user, visible as grey LED)
- company only (presence status only visible to members of the same company/email domain, grey/green LED)
- all (visible for all, current standard behaviour, no/green LED)
- do not disturb (manually set by presence API or UI switch, red LED)
- in a meeting (manually set by presence API or UI switch, or notes calendar helper plugin, yellow LED)
Can you tell if this can be made available in - say - half a year? If yes, we would try to completely replace Sametime with Watsonwork. If not - we're blocked from doing so because of forcing people to publish their presence information worldwide - a sure workers council veto issue!
I'd like to have some other than only computer presence visible, the telephony presence for example. For this some additional Presence API calls would be needed to inject a 3rd party presence information into the person object in WW, e. g. on hook/off hook with the appropriate icons for it. But that's another story...
Please sign in to leave a comment.