We should support animated GIFs in a way that supports our business / enterprise focus. Here are some ideas (sorted by importance from my PoV):
- support upload via drag+drop - from desktop and other browser window / tab
- in the resource drawer, add an option to not show GIFs / images
a general filter option for the resource drawer seems to be a good idea
- provide a set of business / collaboration oriented GIFs as part of the product
those should visually fit with the UX
- support the GIF features provided by on screen keyboards on mobile devices, e.g. gboard
- for the enterprise edition, allow customers to add their own GIF collections for all their users - think of product images, general concepts, info graphics, ...
- allow users to manage their own GIF collections - across devices
I don't think we need to provide a tool for creating GIFs
I believe with such a strategy, we can improve the way users can communicate with Workspace without making it too playful. Especial the 5th option should appeal to corporate comms departments as they can improve CI / CD adoption.
Please sign in to leave a comment.