Who can use this feature?
Marketplace Administrators can perform this action in the IBM Marketplace, however team administrators will need to manage space migration, as described below. It's available in the Essentials Edition and Plus Edition.
If you've just recently purchased an Essentials or Plus subscription, it's likely you'll need to migrate Preview (Free) users and their spaces to your paid subscription, We've provided an optional tool to assist you in migrating these users and their spaces from our Preview offering to a paid Watson Workspace team.
Here's how it works...
New users that you add to your team will be "invited" via email and need to accept the invitation before they are formally moved to the paid subscription. As soon as a Preview users accepts the invitation for an Essentials or Plus team, any spaces the user is an owner of are automatically moved to the paid team. Members of those spaces who are not in the same paid team become guests of the space. Additionally, should the space owner decide to restrict guests in the space anyone who is not in the same paid team would be removed. See https://help.workspace.ibm.com/articles/115012701268-Allowing-and-restricting-guests-in-spaces for further details.
However, if an invited user does not immediately accept the invitation, they could be shown as a guest in the spaces owned by the paid team and/or could risk being removed if the space owner restricts guests. The space migration tool allows you to mitigate this scenario.
Here's what you need to do:
- First, go to the IBM Watson Workspace Admin Center.
- Navigate to Users and choose Migrate Users.
- Make sure that the toggle for Space migration is turned OFF. If it's not off, turn it off before provisioning new users. This means that a Preview user's spaces will not be migrated until all users have been provisioned, moved to the team and the migrate spaces toggle has been turned on. These spaces will remain Preview spaces without any of the Essentials/Plus capabilities including the guest model. The system will keep track of these spaces so they can be moved to the team in bulk when the toggle is switched on.
- Next, to provision the users for your subscription, go to the My Product and Services in the IBM Marketplace.
- Choose IBM Watson Workspace Essentials or IBM Watson Workspace Plus > Manage.
- Choose Manage users.
- Choose + Add new user and follow the steps to add licensed users to your paid team.
- Once you've provisioned the new users and all users have accepted their invites, return to the Watson Workspace Admin Center and toggle Space migration ON to start migrating your users' spaces to your new paid team.
Tip: Marketplace admins can check to see if users have accepted their invites to the paid team in the IBM Marketplace. Users who have not accepted their invite will still show as "pending".
Note: All new spaces created by members of the paid team are automatically associated with the team.
Need help? Contact us!