What can I do with Watson Workspace?
There's a lot you can do with Watson Workspace depending on the work you need to get done. We've made it as easy as possible to invite the people you work with and then we trust you'll find plenty to do to stay busy. Here are the basics:
- First, get the apps. Watson Workspace is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and Web - anywhere you need to be.
- Create a space for you and your teams, invite anyone!
- Send a private message to one other person using direct messaging.
- Launch meetings, powered by Zoom, and connect face-to-face with anyone around the globe.
- Work with files and other content. Upload and share files, paste images or animated gifs.
- Search your entire conversation history to find messages or files instantly. Narrow your search to just something someone said or a single space.
- Connect the tools you use every day. You can add apps to a space to do things like get Twitter updates, set reminders in your calendar (via IFTTT applets), even post to a Slack channel. Developers can create, share and publish their own apps using our APIs and set reminders in your calendar. You can even create your own apps – check out our developer experience.
- Catch up more easily when you've been away. Whether you were on vacation for a week or focusing elsewhere for a few minutes, you can see intelligent summaries of what you missed in condensed Moments, powered by Watson
- And, oh yes, we've got your emojis.🎈 🚀 📚 👏
For a complete list of features check out Understanding plans and features for Watson Workspace. Also check out our Tour.
Who can use it?
- SAML based single-sign on
- Organizational administrative controls
- Managed guest user access
- Service Level Agreement
- IBM enterprise grade support
- Public spaces
- and more.
WatsonWorkspace Plus includes everything in Essentials plus (no pun intended) Zoom video conferencing - the industry-leading favorite - to bring the best in productivity and communications to enterprise teams everywhere.
To learn more about our editions, check out Understanding Watson Workspace Editions and Features.
Why should we use Watson Workspace?
- Simplifies communication
- Keeps your team organized
- Drives alignment and productivity
- Makes it easy to find what you need (when you need it)
- Is available anytime, from anywhere
- Works with your tools
- Makes work fun!
How are other teams using Watson Workspace?
- Watson Workspace makes it easy for developers and engineers to collaborate seamlessly together across time zones and around the world. You can create spaces to facilitate scrums and swats, have access to your communication across design, ops and product available on all your devices, even build your own custom integrations to track bug notifications, change requests or system outages. Too focused on the code? Catch up easily on activity that's transpired using moments.
- Watson Workspace helps project managers efficiently run their projects without cutting corners. You can create spaces for your team to share project updates, files, urls, resources and deliverables and get feedback in real time. Team members can communicate seamlessly so they are always up to speed with what's coming next. And you can even create custom integrations to push updates from your favorite project management tool into Watson Workspace so you never miss a beat.
- Executives typically oversee a lot of different projects and teams. Watson Workspace helps executives stay tuned into what matters, make decisions, and guide the people that count on them. As an executive you can quickly assemble team spaces to deliver business outcomes, and stay connected with your employees no matter where they are. Even when you are away, it's easy catch up on work that has transpired using moments, and then jump right back in to provide feedback and guidance without scheduling more meetings.
What if I need help or have questions?
All users should search our Help Center knowledge base and forums (https://help.workspace.ibm.com) to find answers and learn about Watson Workspace. We provide a best-effort support for Watson Workspace Preview users. Our team is worldwide and motivated to make this a positive experience, but because we are busy designing and developing new features, we cannot guarantee 24x7 support. We'll resolve issues as quickly as we can (generally during business hours), but we encourage you to contact us, post a question or idea in our forums if you notice something that doesn't seem right or you have feedback.
IBM enterprise grade support for Watson Workspace Essentials
Watson Workspace Essentials administrators with an active subscription are also eligible to open support tickets with IBM Customer Support (https://www.ibm.com/mysupport).