To receive desktop and mobile notifications, make sure they are enabled on your device or in the browser, desktop app you are using. When you first launch the Android, iOS, Web or Desktop app, you'll be prompted to enable notifications.
To learn more about notifications, see Understanding notifications.
Desktop notifications are enabled by default when you install the desktop app. Here's how to manage your notifications for Windows, Mac and Web.
Here's how to manage notifications for the Windows desktop client on Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then tap the Settings app.
- Go to System > Notifications & actions.
- Choose IBM Watson Workspace
- Set your notification preferences
Here's how to manage notifications for the Mac desktop client:
- Go to System preferences.
- Tap Notifications to go to the Notifications Center.
- Choose IBM Watson Workspace.
- Set your notification preferences.
Note: If you do not see IBM Watson Workspace in the applications list in the Notification Center, wait until you receive your first notification and check again.
Tip: Don't turn on sounds in your system preferences if you want to hear the custom Watson Workspace sound for new activity.
You will be prompted to enable notifications in Chrome when you first access the app in the Chrome browser. Here's how to enable or disable notifications in Chrome.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Click the overflow menu and choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In Privacy, click Content settings.
- In Notifications, click Manage Exceptions.
- Scroll through the list of sites to find https://workspace.ibm.com:443.
- Click Allow to enable or click X to remove the site.
Each time you visit Watson Workspace in Firefox you will be prompted to enable notifications. Once you enable them, if want to disable notifications follow these steps.
- Go to the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Content panel.
- In Notifications, click Choose…
- Select https://workspace.ibm.com.
- Click Remove Site.
Here's how to manage your notification settings on Android.
- Choose the Apps button.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Sound and Notification.
- Tap App Notifications.
- Tap IBM Watson Workspace in the list of applications.
- Change your settings as desired.
Here's how to manage your notification settings on iOS.
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find Workspace in the list.
- Swipe to select your preferences.