Happen to be working with a team using Slack? Good news! You can add a Slack channel to your space and then talk to your peers (slackers?) as if they were in Watson Workspace. They can see your messages and you can see theirs. Now, you really can have all your communication in one place! (And yes, it's secure. SSL is being used for secure message transmitting between Watson Workspace and Slack.)
Note: If you're a member of a Slack team and integrations are turned off by default or require approval of your administrator, you can use this URL to send a request: https://your_Slack_domain.slack.com/apps/A2R85962F-ibm-watson-workspace. Replace your_Slack_domain with the name of your Slack domain. You can find your Slack domain in the settings for your Slack team. Once that request is approved, you can start the integration.
Adding a Slack channel to a space
- Click Space Settings.
- Click Apps. The All Apps tab will be selected by default.
- Click Slack in the application list and click Add App.
- Allow Slack access to your account.
- Enter the Slack team you want to connect to. Click Continue.
- Enter your Slack credentials for this team.
- From the drop down, choose the channel you want to post to and see message from. Click Authorize.
- That's it! Click Close window to return to your space.
- Slack will be displayed as an app added to the space.
Note: Right now, apps can only be added from the web browser or desktop app, however, you can see messages and interact with outside apps from any device.
Removing Slack from your space.
- To remove Slack, go to Apps.
- Select Apps Added to Space. Click Slack. Then, click Remove.
Note: This only works between a Slack Channel and Watson Workspace Space. Direct messages can not be linked.