You can use Watson Workspace from any of your devices. There are apps for Web, Android, iOS, Windows and Mac.
The Mac and Windows desktop apps are a great way to use Watson Workspace. With the desktop apps you can do all the same things as you can in the web browser, plus you can keep up with all your app notifications from your desktop tray, immediately see new activity from the dock and never lose your browser tab in a sea of tabs again.
Ensure your operating system meets these minimum requirements.
|Operating system||Technical requirements|
|Windows||Windows 7 or later, 64 bit|
|Mac||OS X 10.9 or later|
Note: We do not yet have a Linux Desktop client, but you can always use our web app on your Linux computer
Here are the instructions to download and install the desktop apps.
- Download the desktop app for Windows (or click the download button from the help center homepage)
- After the download finishes, find the file you downloaded and unzip it. Double click the file to run the installation program.
- Sign in and get to work! To launch Watson Workspace after that, click the Watson Workspace icon on your desktop
- Download the desktop app for Mac (or click the download button from the help center homepage)
- After the download finishes, find the file you downloaded. Double click the Watson Workspace file to unzip it.
- Drag the IBM Watson Workspace.app object into your Applications folder.
- To launch Watson Workspace, double-click the IBM Watson Workspace icon in your Applications folder.
- Sign in and get to work!
Tip: Add Watson Workspace to your Mac dock or Windows tray. You can also set Watson Workspace to launch automatically when you start your computer. Go to View and choose Launch at Login.
Updating the Desktop App
Most of the time, when there are updates to Watson Workspace (new features) we are able to push these to you seamlessly, for example, when you open the app or reload the app, like you don't even know it updated- until you see the cool new stuff you can do.
When we do have a new version of the Desktop app, it's still really easy to update your app. You will be prompted with a banner at the top of the application letting you know that a new version of the app is available. Clicking the link to restart will automatically reload the app and launch with the latest version - no need to wait for a lengthy download.
Note: Restarting the Watson Workspace app does not restart your computer, only the application.
You can also sign in to the web application by visiting IBM Watson Workspace in your browser. Watson Workspace is optimized for Google Chrome, but also works in Firefox. Unfortunately, Safari, earlier versions of Internet Explorer and Edge are not supported at this time.
You can download the Android application from the Google Play Store.
Note: If you participated in our beta, be sure to delete the Android beta app before you install the preview from the Google Play Store.
You can download the iOS application from the Apple App Store. It is available for the iPhone and iPad. After version 1.05, which we released in late January 2017, Watson Workspace only supports iOS 11 or newer.
Note: If you participated in our beta, be sure to delete the iOS beta app before you install the preview from the Apple App Store.