Who can use this feature?
Space owners can perform these actions. It's available in the Preview edition and Essentials edition.
As a space owner, there are a few things you can do to manage your space that members can not do.
- You can assign other space owners (Essentials edition only).
- You can transfer your ownership to another member (must be a non-guest for Essentials users).
- You can delete your space.
- You can allow/disallow guests (Essentials edition only).
You can also manage a basic set of permissions such as who can add and remove members from the space, who can add and remove apps from the space, and who can modify space details. By default, everyone in the space can perform these actions however, here's how you can limit it to just space owners.
- Click the name of your space to access Space Settings.
- Go to Properties.
- From the list of properties change the drop down from "Everyone" to "Space owner(s)" for any or all of the properties.
- Choose Apply Changes.
If you change any of these permissions to Spaces owner(s) members will not be able to:
- Add and remove members: There will be no option to add members or way to remove members from Spaces settings > Members.
- Add and remove apps and custom integrations: Members can see the list of apps but when they select an app the Add app button will be unavailable. They will also not be able to remove any apps listed in the Apps added to this space view or configure any added apps.
- Edit space details and properties: Members will not be able to change the space title, description (coming soon) or space icon (coming soon).
Note: Changing space permissions is not available on mobile just yet. However, any changes you make to your space permissions will also be reflected in what is possible in the mobile app. For example: If you indicate that only owners can add or remove members, members will not be able to add or remove members from your space on any device.