Who can use this feature?
Space owners can perform these actions. It's available in the Preview edition, Essentials edition and the Plus Edition.
Note: Unless space owners restrict these permissions, any member can modify the space name, add/modify the space description, add and remove members, add and remove apps, and modify properties associated with a space template.
As a space owner, there are a few things you can do to manage your space that members can not do.
- You can assign other space owners (Essentials or Plus edition only).
- You can transfer your ownership to another member (must be a non-guest for Essentials or Plus teams).
- You can delete your space.
- You can allow/disallow guests (Essentials or Plus edition only).
- You can designate your space as public or private (Essentials or Plus edition only).
For spaces that were created from a space template, there might be a few additional properties that can be modified.
Managing space permissions
You can also manage a basic set of permissions such as who can add and remove members from the space, who can add and remove apps from the space, and who can modify space details. By default, everyone in the space can perform these actions however, here's how you can limit it to just space owners.
- Click the name of your space or click the settings icon to access Space Settings.
- Go to Properties.
- From the list of properties change the drop down from "Everyone" to "Space owner(s)" for any or all of the properties.
- Choose Apply Changes.
If you change any of these permissions to Spaces owner(s) members will not be able to:
- Add and remove members: There will be no option to add members or way to remove members from Spaces settings > Members.
- Add and remove apps and custom integrations: Members can see the list of apps but when they select an app the Add app button will be unavailable. They will also not be able to remove any apps listed in the Apps added to this space view or configure any added apps.
- Edit space details and properties: Members will not be able to change the space title, description or space icon (coming soon).