Who can use this feature?
You can either leave a team if you are removed by an Admin or if you choose to remove yourself from a team subscription. Here's what happens when you leave a paid team.
Removed from your team subscription by an Admin
Let's say you are leaving your company or your administrator has removed you from your paid Essentials or Plus team. Here's what happens.
- You'll receive an email indicating you've been removed from your team.
- Now, you have two options:
- You can click the button in your email to verify your email address. If you email address is the same, you'll be able to resume using Watson Workspace, you'll just be designated as a guest in all the spaces belonging to your previous team that you were previously member of.
You, and any apps your added, will be removed from any space that doesn't allow guests.
- If you can't verify the same email address or don't have access to that email address any more, you'll need to create a new Preview account or purchase an Essentials or Plus subscription. Unfortunately, since all your activity was tied to your previous email address, you won't have access to that content anymore, but you can be added back to your previous spaces with access to the full history (if they allow guests) and start direct messages with anyone.
Note: Between the time that you are removed from your team and verify your email address (or don't) you will be shown as inactive in your spaces and direct messages. Users will be able to see the history of what you wrote or shared but will not be able to mention you, add you to spaces or send you a direct message.
Removing yourself from a team subscription
You can also remove yourself from your team subscription. Here's how:
- Go to My Products and Services (https://myibm.ibm.com/products-services/products).
- Select Watson Workspace Essentials or Watson Workspace Plus and click Manage.
- On the overview page, click Remove me as user.
- Confirm that you want to remove yourself from the team subscription by clicking Remove me as a user.