Who can use this feature?
Marketplace administrators can perform this action in IBM Marketplace. It's available in the Essentials Edition.
Users are managed via the IBM Marketplace.There are two ways to add users to a subscription - you can invite users by name and email address in the IBM Marketplace or you add users to your subscription programmatically using the IBM Marketplace APIs.
Follow these steps to invite people ('users') to your Watson Workspace subscription in IBM Marketplace.
- Go to My Products and Services.
- Choose IBM Watson Workspace Essentials > Manage.
- Choose Manage users.
- Choose Add user.
- Enter the user's first name, last name and email address or IBMid.
- You can designate a user as a (Marketplace) Administrator. You can also do this later in Manage users.
- Choose Submit.
Once you invite a person to your subscription they will receive an email invitation. They will show in IBM Marketplace > Manage users as Pending.
An invited user has the option to accept or decline the invitation to your Essentials subscription.
- Once a user accepts the invitation their state will change to Active
- If a user declines the invitation they will be removed from the list of pending and active users.
To add users programmatically, access the IBM Marketplace APIs at https://developer.ibm.com/api/view/id-803:title-IBM_Marketplace_APIs#over
Note: You won't be able to add someone to your Essentials subscription if they have an invitation to another subscription (even if it's pending). If they decline or are removed from the other subscription they will be able to accept your invitation.